Freitag, 18. April 2014

I want the best and I want it fast - debayering Magic Lantern raw footage

You might already guessed it from my previous posts - Magic Lantern raw recording is the best thing that happenend to the Canon 5D Mark III in a long time. It actually made me consider it a proper tool for filmmaking again. I love the sharpness, the colors and the resolution.

What I don't like very much is how long it takes to debayer footage with the ACR (Adobe Camera Raw) solution.

The other option is CPU-supported debayering via Resolve (I know, I already pointed that out in the previous entry). Andy and the other good people over at Cinelog actually made a huge improvement to the whole process and they're making it better as I type these words. I had a chance to try out the beta versions of the (yet unreleased) Cinelog-C LUTs, which will make it a whole lot easier to achieve even better Rec.709 results that don't require any change in saturation or mid gain.


While they're still optimizing the new LUTs for the Cinelog LUT bank, I want to present my way of working with Cinelog LUTs in Resolve Lite with this little tutorial - enjoy!

1 Kommentar:

  1. Hallo Martin,
    Ihre Anleitung, Entschlossenheit war sehr angenehm, wie war dein Film des Kleinen Mai-Parade Wind, ich bin froh, Sie genießen die Dinge mit der MkIII und magische Laterne.

    Hinsichtlich Alan.

    AntwortenLöschen